Sporting clubs such as ours play a significant role in the community and have a responsibility to our members and their families. We have chosen to join over 6,500 clubs across Australia taking part in the Australian Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program. Through Good Sports we are committed to managing alcohol responsibly and ensuring smoke free areas, which we believe will help us to provide a healthy, safe and family friendly environment.
Through Good Sports we aim to:
- Eliminate risky drinking in the club through the promotion of a responsible approach to the sale and consumption of alcohol in the club
- Protect juniors and other young people from the misuse of alcohol in and around the club
- Provide a responsible smoke-free club environment, through designated smoking areas
At Level 2, we are committed to:
- Not selling or consuming alcohol without an appropriate liquor license
- Training our bar staff in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Ensuring smoke free areas are available
- Organising safe and responsible social events and finding alternate prizes/fundraiser, rather than alcohol
- Thinking ahead and ensuring players and members get home safely after functions
Level one accreditation means we have taken the first steps towards achieving best overall practice, which ultimately contributes to quality football experiences for players, volunteers and parents.
The National Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) assists grass roots football clubs to raise standards across a number of key areas which include coaching accreditation; club governance and volunteer development. Eight players and coaching staff, which include three females from Goulburn Strikers Football Club, have Senior Level one and higher coaching qualifications and a number of players have referring qualifications.
PLAY BY THE RULES
Follow this link to loads of valuable resources and information, resources, tools and free online training to increase the capacity and capability of administrators, coaches, officials, players and spectators to assist them in preventing and dealing with discrimination, harassment and child safety….read more.
Draws, tables and results
Capital Football Mens draw, table and results – click here
Capital Football Womens draw, table and results- click here
Capital Football U14 Actew AGL Junior League draw, table and results- click here